MENU

Howell-Overhoff House

yaph39
Photo courtesy of the Yaphank Historical Society
‚Äč


Dating from circa 1885. This was the Charles E. Howell General Store, from 1896-1921. While in operation, the store stood on the east side of the Wittman Rabbitry. It was moved from its original site in 1940. It has since been used as a private residence.

ab
Howell General Store, photo by Albert Bayles.

ab1
Photo by Albert Bayles

ab2
The same view, 2017 - the Howell store was moved just east of the Yaphank Post Office. Photo by Albert Bayles.

a1
View from the store porch, Yaphank Post Office on the corner. Photo by Albert Bayles.

a

 Workers dismantling the steps in preperation of moving the building to its new location. Photo by Albert Bayles.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.