Billy's Windmill Restaurant in Coram

mapwindBilly's Windmill



Billy's Windmill was near the intersection of Rte. 112 and Middle Country Road in Coram. The establishment was opened by William "Billy" Pfundstein, who lived just east of the Windmill.

In 1934, Billy's Windmill Restaurant,  received first prize in a county wide contest as the best refreshment stand.

It was open until after 1939.  

       In 1962, this was the Charcoal House with proprietors, Alexander Katsaros (born 1921) and his brother, George Katsaros (b. 1919), who owned the Smithtown Diner in 1952. 


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.